Vinyl is a single colour roll of sticker paper material. It is durable, waterproof, and comes with a removable backing. After cutting, you separate the excess material from the backing and depending on the type of material you use, your design can then be applied onto walls, clothes, cars, and more!
This class teaches you how to design and optimize your file for vinyl plotting, and techniques for vinyl application.
Project: Heat transfer T-shirt and custom wall/car decal “5 in. x 5 in.”
Duration: 3 hours
Prerequisite: None. Though 2D CAD experience, drawing with vector programs like Illustrator or Inkscape is a plus!
**Please note registration closes 2 hours prior to class**
Come to our workshop if:
- You have gifts you want to customize and personalize.
- You have a design that you want to transfer onto multiple surfaces.
- You have an idea that you want to turn into a physical project.
- You like having simple machines create complex designs.
- Creating your own vector designs
- Setting up your files for vinyl plotting
- Optimizing your workflow for easy cleanup and application
- Running the vinyl plotter
- Applying a design onto a t-shirt
By the end of this class, you will know how to design your own files for cutting, be familiar with different vinyl as well as their application types, and be able to successfully apply your designs on many surfaces!
Not a member? If you love the class and want more shop time we offer great incentives for new members on the day of the workshop.
- Closed-toe shoes
- Long hair tied back
- No loose jewelry or cords
- No long sleeved shirts or loose clothing
- Safety Masks (all participants must wear a mask during the class, RZ masks can be purchased at Maker Cube’s front counter
What is the age limit for the class?
The minimum age for participants is 14. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian provide supervision during the class.
Where can I park ?
Maker Cube’s parking lot has ample space available. Should the lot reach capacity, there is street parking along 206A St.
How do I cancel or reschedule a class?
Refunds or credit for future classes will only be provided if we are notified by email to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of the class. No refunds will be provided for late cancellation, and a re booking of $45.00 will be applied to reschedule a class.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the class for sign-in and to ensure it starts on time, those arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be able to attend. In the event of low registration, the class will be canceled and participants registered will be rescheduled to an alternate class date.