Make Your Very Own Maple and Walnut Cutting Board!
Every great artist started at the beginning. Learn the essentials to creating your own woodworking project in this 3-hour workshop. We teach the basic operation and safe handling of several common woodworking tools while you complete your own maple and black walnut cutting board.
Duration: 3.5 hours – please arrive 15 minutes before the start time to participate
6:00pm – 9:30pm on weekdays (please note the class may exceed 3.5 hours and go until 9:45)
Maximum # of Participants: 4
Project: Eastern Maple, Purpleheart, & Black Walnut Cutting Board
**Please note registration closes 24 hours prior to class**
Come to our workshop if:
- You’re looking a different way to unwind after work
- You want to be a part of a community of creatives
- You love challenging yourself by learning new skills
- How to work with hardwood
- Power tool and shop safety
- Techniques to gluing up a board
- Marking and measuring tips
- Cutting and shaping
- Finishing and applying a food-safe finish
By the end of the class, participants will be comfortable with the operation of various hand tools, drill press, bandsaw, miter saw, spindle sander, random orbit sander, belt sander, dust collector, and extraction system. All participants will also be given an introduction to wood shop safety and the culture of Maker Cube. During the class, everyone will learn and demonstrate their competency with each tool. You will be authorized to use the tools independently as a member of Maker Cube at the discretion of the instructor. Please note that based on attendance, this tool training may not provide significant practice with each tool, nor discuss any intermediate or advanced techniques.
Not a member? If you love the class and want more shop time we offer great incentives for new members on the day of the workshop.
- Safety Glasses (participants must bring their own eye protection, if they do not have eye protection a pair of safety glasses can be purchased at Maker Cube’s front counter)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Long hair tied back
- No loose jewelry or cords
- No long sleeved shirts or loose clothing
- Safety Masks (all participants must wear a mask during the class, RZ masks can be purchased at Maker Cube’s front counter
What is the age limit for the class?
The minimum age for participants is 14. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian provide supervision during the class. Do you have children younger than 14? Sign up for our mailing list to get updates on our summer camps and kid friendly classes!
Where can I park?
Maker Cube’s parking lot has ample space available. Should the lot reach capacity, there is street parking along 206A St.
How do I cancel or reschedule a class?
Refunds or credit for future classes will only be provided if we are notified by email to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of the class. No refunds will be provided for late cancellation, and a re booking of $45.00 will be applied to reschedule a class.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the class for sign-in and to ensure it starts on time, those arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be able to attend.
In the event of low registration, the class will be canceled and participants registered will be rescheduled to an alternate class date.